Your nails can be an indicator to your health and can alert you to any underlying health problems so pay attention to what your nails are telling you!
The American Academy of Dermatology says the condition of your nails could indicate possible:
- Liver disease, which may be characterized by whitening of the nails.
- Kidney disease, if half of each nail is pink and the other half white.
- Heart condition, if the nail beds are red.
- Lung disease, which could be characterized by thick, yellow nails that grow slowly.
- Anemia, if nail beds are pale.
- Diabetes, if nails have a yellow tint that look blush at the base.